At McCloy Dental we care about your sleep and encourage you to get the amount of sleep required to wake up feeling refreshed.
Most studies would recommend that adults should achieve between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night, so an average of 8 hours would be ideal for optimal health.
There are many negative health problems related to lack of sleep including depression, heart disease, obesity, and weight gain.
The required sleep time for children is greater than it is for adults. During childhood, in order to have an adequate level of rest, there are different requirements in terms of suggested minimum sleeping hours.
This is a guide of recommended sleeping hours for all the different age groups:
- Infants (four to 12 months old) should average 12 to 16 hours of sleep, including naps
- Toddlers (12 to 35 months old) should average 11 to 14 hours of sleep, including naps
- Preschool children (three to five years old) should average 10 to 13 hours of sleep, possibly including naps
- School-age children (six to 12 years old) should average nine to 12 hours of sleep
- Teenagers (13 to 18 years old) should average eight to 10 hours of sleep
- Adults (18 to 60 years old) should average between seven to nine hours of sleep
- Elderly adults (more than 60 years old) may average seven to eight hours of sleep
If you are concerned about not having a restful sleep get in touch