McCloy Dental is getting on board with Dental Health Week which runs from 6-12th August. The aim is to educate Australians about the importance of maintaining good oral health by promoting these key messages:
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Clean in between teeth at least once a day with floss or an interdental brush
- Eat a healthy balance diet and limit sugar intake
- Regularly visit the dentist for check-ups and preventive treatment
You might think that this is common sense, however, in reality statistics show that many Australians are not putting these messages into practice.
- 65% of Australians haven’t seen a dentist in the last two years
- 50% of Australians brushing their teeth only once-a-day
- Nearly 40% never flossing or cleaning-between their teeth
- 73% of young people (14-18 years) are consuming too much sugar
During Dental Health Week, we’re encouraging everyone to visit their regular dentist and if you don’t have one, call McCloy Dental to get your oral health back on track.